Drug Addiction Treatment
Drug Abuse and Addiction Treatment
At Welwynn Outpatient Center, we understand the many paths to drug addiction. We also understand that this problem is seen across every strata of society and every socio-economic demographic – it does not discriminate. The proliferation of overdoses in recent years – both from prescription and illegal drugs – has created a huge outpouring of media attention on this topic. But whether through an innocent, legal prescription from a physician or through illegal use during an occasional social encounter, drug addiction can be sparked by the most casual of circumstances.
Regardless if it’s from legal or illegal means, unintended or a planned encounter, no one sets out to become an addict. Welwynn recognizes that how you ‘got there’ is not the primary focus, but rather how quickly it is addressed and the level of treatment for which you receive.
Common Drugs we Encounter:
- Opiates (hydrocodone, morphine, oxycodone, hydromorphone and fentanyl) are narcotic painkillers designed to control pain and are prescribed by doctors to treat valid medical diagnoses.
- Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Librium) are a type of prescription tranquilizers taken for their sedating effects to treat anxiety and insomnia.
- Heroin is an opioid drug that is synthesized from morphine, a naturally occurring substance extracted from the seed of the poppy plant giving the user a long, euphoric rush.
- Cocaine is a powerfully addictive stimulant drug made from the leaves of the coca plant native to South America giving the user the feeling of euphoria. As a street drug, cocaine looks like a fine, white, crystal powder.
- Meth (methamphetamine) is an extremely addictive man-made central nervous system stimulant that causes tremendous feelings of energy and a euphoric high. Methamphetamine is available in a white powder and a crystal rock form.
We are aware of just how difficult it is to gather the courage to seek help particularly given the stigma associated with drug addiction, fearing what life will be like without drugs and the uncertainty with leaving drugs behind and beginning to reclaim the life you left. At Welwynn, you will never be judged or looked down upon for any of these factors and your treatment will always remain confidential. We will help you understand what effects drugs have on your life, how to recognize and deal with the cravings after detox and how best to deal with the feelings that are at the root cause of your addiction.